Alternative Eating

going against the grain

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Food Conference

I went to a food conference at the Margaret Austin Center in Texas a few months ago, and this blog was partly inspired by the ideas I heard there.

Over the next few months, I am going to try the Body Ecology Diet. After that, I'll continue to discuss other ways of alternative eating. As a vegan, I'm always talking to people about food, so I feel like I have a lot to share about healthy eating including recipes, good practices, and new ideas that are out there.

I also want to explore the use of various flours (ie. not white or wheat flour) in all types of cooking but in baking especially. I started cooking only a few years ago, so I am the type who will explain each step very carefully.

Oh, and my roommate, James, eats an extremely interesting diet, and he seems super healthy (I've only known him for a little more than a month). I'll probably be sharing some of his ideas and favorite recipes as well.

Wish me luck on my alternative eating adventures!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home