Fruit and Food Combining
Food Combining Principles are really important for healthy eating, as you can see from the chart on the link.
One of the easiest rules to remember is to eat fruit alone. Fruit doesn't need a lot of time to go through your digestive system, so, when the other foods are first in line, it just sits in your stomach fermenting. From what I've read, that means the vitamins from the fruit won't easily assimilate into your body.
Anyway, I try to eat fruit in the morning or on a very empty stomach (a good snack when I get home from work and haven't eaten for awhile).
Easy recipe for fruit salad:
Cut up a few different types of fruits into bite-sized pieces.
Sprinkle with cinnamon and hemp seed nuts.
Mix. (the fruit juices will all mix together to make a little fruit salad)
by: Nancy Sorenson
I'll come back to the principles of food combining at another time.
Have fun with fruit!
One of the easiest rules to remember is to eat fruit alone. Fruit doesn't need a lot of time to go through your digestive system, so, when the other foods are first in line, it just sits in your stomach fermenting. From what I've read, that means the vitamins from the fruit won't easily assimilate into your body.
Anyway, I try to eat fruit in the morning or on a very empty stomach (a good snack when I get home from work and haven't eaten for awhile).
Easy recipe for fruit salad:
Cut up a few different types of fruits into bite-sized pieces.
Sprinkle with cinnamon and hemp seed nuts.
Mix. (the fruit juices will all mix together to make a little fruit salad)
by: Nancy Sorenson
I'll come back to the principles of food combining at another time.
Have fun with fruit!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home