Continental Airlines
Warning: This is a Rant!
So, I went to DC for this animal advocacy conference, so I had to fly. I chose Continental through Orbitz.com and checked the vegan meal box when I went through the process. So on the way there, I told the flight attendant, "Um, I ordered a vegan meal," and she told me, "We don't do specialty meals on domestic flights." Um, what??!?!? Whose bright idea was that? Not only can you NOT get a vegan meal, but you can't get a vegetarian meal or any other kind of semi-healthy, non-sucky choice. I was told the same thing on the way back and was totally pissed. How am I supposed to be an alternative eater if I don't even have the option?!? Aarrgh.
Just another affirmation that if you're on a special diet, even if it's to lose weight or b/c of an allergy, it's best to bring food with you EVERYWHERE, even on planes apparently. Just don't bring anything creamy or they'll take it away from you. Don't EVEN get me started on that rant...
*Rant over*
On a positive note, since I've been cooking food for my boyfriend's lunches every day, I have been feeling healthier. It's amazing what a little extra effort in the kitchen will do. Cooking on Sunday nights for food to last the week is the way to go (for us anyway).
I hope everyone else is having fun with their alternative eating adventures!
So, I went to DC for this animal advocacy conference, so I had to fly. I chose Continental through Orbitz.com and checked the vegan meal box when I went through the process. So on the way there, I told the flight attendant, "Um, I ordered a vegan meal," and she told me, "We don't do specialty meals on domestic flights." Um, what??!?!? Whose bright idea was that? Not only can you NOT get a vegan meal, but you can't get a vegetarian meal or any other kind of semi-healthy, non-sucky choice. I was told the same thing on the way back and was totally pissed. How am I supposed to be an alternative eater if I don't even have the option?!? Aarrgh.
Just another affirmation that if you're on a special diet, even if it's to lose weight or b/c of an allergy, it's best to bring food with you EVERYWHERE, even on planes apparently. Just don't bring anything creamy or they'll take it away from you. Don't EVEN get me started on that rant...
*Rant over*
On a positive note, since I've been cooking food for my boyfriend's lunches every day, I have been feeling healthier. It's amazing what a little extra effort in the kitchen will do. Cooking on Sunday nights for food to last the week is the way to go (for us anyway).
I hope everyone else is having fun with their alternative eating adventures!

2 Comments:
At 9:06 PM,
Pi said…
And to think, you forgot that Continental still offers pillows. . .while the others don't.
Your so picky Jamie!
:)
At 11:19 PM,
Maryjamie said…
I did use the pillow...
Post a Comment
<< Home